Saturday, August 14, 2010

Catching Up

So I haven't written for awhile. I was away on vacation and didn't have the computer at home with me so I'm a bit behind. So I've discovered that it's easier to run when I'm not thinking about running. Most recently I've been contemplating how I spend a lot of time trying not to upset people or make them mad and so I don't always tell them exactly what I'm thinking. I guess though that if you do that you aren't really doing anyone any favors. There is a way to say things in love and I think perhaps that's what tough love means. You say what is true, but in a loving way with pure motives. You say it because you love someone, not for your own gain.

As I've been contemplating modernity and post modernity it's become clear to me that as we live in a post modernity time people are more focused on letting everyone have their own beliefs than on truth. I understand this, I do. But I guess I need to decide what my responsibility is as a friend and what God is calling me to do.

Just some things I've been thinking about as I've been running the last few times.

Also, this is funny....I'm not enjoying the running any more and actually I dread it some days....but again I keep thinking I need to finish strong....not just running but everything I've started in my life. It's the one main message that I keep thinking about every week. Be it running or life....I think it's important to finish strong so I need to think a little more what that looks like lived out.

On a different note....I just spent several days in West Virginia. It was GREAT! I had no cell reception. It was the first time I've taken a deep breath and felt such peace in a really long time. It was a gift and major blessing. I wish I could live that peace all the time.

Well....I'm running in the morning so we shall see what the next lesson in life will be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment