Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Endurance

So this morning my friend and I ran two miles straight! It feels amazing. I can't believe that just about 7 weeks ago now I didn't think I'd make it 1/4 of the way around the track without dying. Funny because I really never thought I'd be at this point...where I could run but also where I kind of enjoyed it.

It's like life. Sometimes there are moments you don't think you'll ever make it through. They are hard and you want to give up. You don't see how you can possibly go on, but somehow God gets you through it and you wind up on the other side.

So,the word of the day for me is grateful. I am grateful that I have been able to keep running even when I'm tired and don't want to get up. That the training allowed me to get to the point where I can run the distance without stopping. I am grateful for friends on the journey. I am grateful for strength and courage to run. Mostly I am grateful that I didn't give up and that God's voice telling me to finish strong allowed me to keep going when I didn't think I could.

I am grateful for this place in life too. For the ability to be here, to keep going, to see God in the moments when I can't see anything else clearly. I am grateful for God's love and grace.

Today I am grateful to be alive and to be so blessed. Priase God from whom all blessings flow! Today I recognize those blessings. SO...thank you God foor your goodness and grace and amazing steadfast love.

No comments:

Post a Comment